Saturday, December 3, 2011

In Autumn Evening Light

      At about four this afternoon, I looked out the back window to see beautiful light shining though golden leaves on a tree in the graveyard.  I was planning on going for a walk so I quickly grabbed the camera and binoculars and headed out the door.

Fall color in the Payne RMUE Churchyard -- December 3, 2011

Fall color  -- December 3, 2011

Fall Color -- December 3, 2011

       After taking pictures in the graveyard, I crossed the street to visit the neighborhood lake, knowing that I was likely to find ducks there.  The usual culprits, herons and egrets, were also present.

Snowy egret -- Neighborhood Pond -- December 3, 2011

Wood Duck and Mallards -- Neighborhood pond -- December 3, 2011

Hooded Merganser -- Neighborhood pond -- December 3, 2011

Hooded Merganser -- Neighborhood pond -- December 3, 2011


Wood Ducks -- Neighborhood pond -- December 3, 2011

       The light had faded and the temperatures were dropping again, so I returned home to upload the photos.  I cannot say that I got much exercise this evening but I certainly am happy with the results of this walk.  I hope you enjoy them as well!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Over here it's raining cats and dogs, dark sky, thee last leaves fell from their trees today. so it's good to enjoy your pictures! Bisous,
    Phil & Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the Hooded Merganser surrounded by ripples in the water.
    Nj

    ReplyDelete