Monday, November 19, 2012

Playtime for Dolphins and Whales -- Hawaii

         As I was researching resources on my upcoming blog post on Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin, I stumbled across this American Museum of Natural History video posted to YouTube about observed (and photographed!) Dolphin and Humpback Whale interactions off of 2 different Hawaiian islands.  I had already read about this event on this post, "Cetacean Circus,"on the SeaNotes Blog for the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  





           Looks like a great play time to me!  How little we know about positive interspecies interactions and how precious are the moments when we have the opportunity to observe it!

         And YES!  In just a few days I will have new post on a very cool behavior of our own SC Bottlenose Dolphins --  Strand Feeding on Morris Island! .... Stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment